A green bee – or wasp – caught the eye of Silver Lake resident Diane Edwardson of the Corralitas Red Car Property blog as she walked by a clump of morning glory earlier this month. She’s got more info on green bees on her site. If searching for green bees is not your idea of a St. Patrick’s Day celebration, here are a few other suggestions:
- Allston Yacht Club starts celebrating at noon with $6, house-cured corned beef sandwiches and $4 Guinness. Echo Park
- St Patty’s Day Beer flight – four beers for $10 at CitySip. Echo Park
- Reservations requested for corned beef & cabbage lunch ($12.95) and dinner ($16.95) at Taix. Echo Park.
- Barragan’s will be pouring $2.50 “Shamrock Margaritas” and hosting the
Conan O’Brien Commemorative Beer Garden. Echo Park
- Ollin performs at The Echo in a tribute to the Pogues. Echo Park
Photo by Diane Edwardson